The following are breaking news items from three major Arab news media outlets surrounding the latest episode of escalation between the Israelis and the Palestinians. The breaking news items depict how Arab media broke and covered the story.
The attack by Palestinian gunman reportedly occurred on one of the busiest commercial streets of Tel Aviv, and the Israeli government is said to have called up one thousand soldiers as reinforcements in the ensuing, ‘unprecedented chaos’.
The three major Arab news media outlets we have translated from are:
– the Doha-based Al-Jazeera
– the Beirut-based Al-Mayadeen
– the Dubai-based Al-Arabiya
Date: April 7, 2022
The breaking news items occurred between 9:12-11:30pm local time.
( Please help us keep producing independent translations for you by contributing a small monthly amount here )
- Al-Jazeera reporter: shooting operation took place in Tel Aviv’s Dizengoff Street causing injuries
- Israeli media: 5 injuries including a very serious case in Tel Aviv
- Israeli media: The shooting took place at 5 locations in Tel Aviv
- The number of casualties in the “Tel Aviv” operation has increased to 6, and shooting has resumed
- Al-Arabiya correspondent: The Israeli Broadcasting Corporation: Gunfire has been heard again in Tel Aviv
- Al-Arabiya correspondent: The shootings in Israel are coming from multiple, dispersed locations, and they cannot be brought under control as yet
- Israeli media: Prime Minister Naftali Bennett is currently at the Defense Ministry headquarters in Tel Aviv and is receiving the latest developments
- Occupation Police Spokesman: The incident is not under control yet, and the public is required to stay at home
- Al-Jazeera correspondent: 6 serious injuries, some of which are very critical, in the Tel Aviv operation
- Israeli police believes that there are two attackers, and that shooting began from two locations on a restaurant in the middle of Dizengoff Street.
- Occupation Police Spokesman: It is suspected that at least one perpetrator of the shooting is still roaming freely in Tel Aviv
- Israeli Ichilov Hospital: 2 people dead and 9 wounded, 4 of which are critical and serious cases in the Tel Aviv operation.
- The Israeli Broadcasting Corporation: renewed shooting north of the site of the attack, and security forces surrounded a building suspected of holding one of the perpetrators inside
- Israeli media: Police decide to suspend public transport in Tel Aviv
- Political analyst Shlomo Ganor: Israeli police are besieging one of the possible perpetrators of the Tel Aviv attack, and there may be more than one perpetrator
- Israeli media: The sounds of gunfire can still be heard in Tel Aviv
- Al-Mayadeen reporter: Large forces of the Israeli army and police rush to reinforce security at Ben Gurion Airport in the city of Lod
- Israeli media: Scenes in Tel Aviv are unprecedented
- Israeli media: Hundreds of soldiers and special forces surrounded a building fearing that the preparator was holding hostages
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades: We congratulate the heroic operation in Tel Aviv and call for the continuation of the commando operations in all Palestinian areas
- Israeli Media: 16 wounded in Tel Aviv shooting, including cases of panic attack
- Hamas Movement: The operation is a natural and legitimate response to the escalation of the occupation’s crimes against our people, our land, al-Quds, and al-Aqsa Mosque
- Islamic Jihad Movement: We congratulate the qualitative commando operation that took place in Tel Aviv
- Israeli media: So far, 12 casualties have been transferred from the attack in Tel Aviv, and two of them have died
- Israeli army special forces announce that they are taking part in the search for the Tel Aviv attacker
- Al-Ahrar Movement: We are facing a qualitative operation in terms of timing, place, planning, implementation, and results, and it will not be the last
- Israeli media: Up until this moment, the attacker was not seen in the cameras and there are no facial features available.
- Israeli media: Special force units were exposed in this event, and this is irresponsible
- Al-Mayadeen reporter: There are more than 1000 Israeli soldiers (deployed) in Tel Aviv after the operation
- Al-Mayadeen reporter: The occupation police continue their search for the perpetrator of the attack in Tel Aviv.
- Israel Radio: The perpetrator of the Tel Aviv attack may be from the Jenin area
- Israeli Prime Minister’s Office: Bennett assessed the situation and agreed to continue the flow of reinforcements to Tel Aviv
Subscribe to our mailing list!