Nasr al-Shimri, the deputy-Secretary General of the al-Nujaba movement, comments on the latest developments surrounding the US military presence within Iraq and the region.
The Nujaba movement is a key faction of Iraq’s Popular Mobilisation Units.
Source: Al-Mayadeen TV
– Washington has failed to shake Iraq’s relations with its strategic ally Iran
– Iran is a strategic ally that stood with Iraq in the most difficult of times
– the blood of General Soleimani and the leader al-Muhandis foiled all the American plans against Iraq
– not one day have we felt any reassurance towards American behaviour in Iraq
– the American aggression against the PMU on the borders signalled the beginning of the war on the resistance
– we will wage a war against the American military presence at every point in the region that is within our reach
– the pain that we will cause the United States will be equal to the (value of the) blood of our martyrs
– the high-level leaders of the Iraqi resistance are preparing to meet to form a united front against the American presence in the region
– the leaders of the Iraqi resistance will gather today or tomorrow to announce a united front against the US (military) presence
– we are ready to fight the United States and the martyrdom of some of us will not change any of the existing equations